Friday, May 1, 2015

Review: The 100 by Kass Morgan

Summary:

In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.

Publication Date: September 3, 2013

I haven’t seen the show The 100, but I always thought the promos looked interesting. When I got a chance to review the book, I jumped at the opportunity. Overall, I liked the book as a series starter, but from the premise, I was hoping for a little more excitement.

The plot is so original that I couldn’t wait to see how the teens adapted to their new lives on Earth. The world building was definitely my favorite part of the book. I loved the way the author described both life on the spaceship and life in a wild uninhabited Earth.

The characters were all intriguing, but I didn’t really think four points of view were necessary. Honestly, I thought Bellamy was the best character in the book and I could’ve read the whole novel in his POV. The constant POV switching slowed down the plot for me and I found myself putting the book down more often than I usually do. I am a super fast reader, but this took me more than a week to finish.

Overall, I think the characters and premise are strong enough to carry the series along. The 100 was a nice setup for future books and I’ll likely pick up the next one.

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

4 comments:

  1. Oh nice review! I need to start this show and then I saw the books so I am considering reading those too! Because I apparently need more to read! LOL! Glad you found it interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The characters and the premise does sound good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artier affected watch is a watch of poor superior that can't accomplish the akin of the replicas from our shop.Buy Cartier replica watch from us and adore it.That is why replica watches are replica watches generally alleged as holistic watches.Today the sales of affluence artist replica watches accept been badly added worldwide.In fact,they accept become a huge antecedent of assets and revenues for the companies nowadays.People from all over the apple accept been affairs affected watches so as to accomplish their avant-garde abreast needs and desires compatibly.UK,America,India,China are one of those countries area you would acquisition a aggregate of apery watches.From sportsmen to omega replica media journalists,from businessmen to bankers,and from doctors to therapists,all added professionals accept been application rolex watches so as to get a different style.Again you ability be because for the replica of Louis Vuitton handbag.Top superior Louis Vuitton replica handbags appear in every size,appearance and styles apprehensible and they attending like the about absolute Louis Vuitton handbags.Top superior replica handbags are usually fabricated in the aforementioned style,application the aforementioned affectionate of chanel replica actual and even stitched in the aforementioned way as original.Louis Vuitton replica handbags are the acerbity a part of women,for amount of reasons.The amount factors acutely appear first.Genuine Louise Vuitton handbags are costs anywhere amid several hundreds to louis vuitton replica thousands.On the added duke top superior Louis Vuitton replica handbags amount 200$ to 250$.So you can calmly acquirement several replica handbags in the amount of one aboriginal Louis Vuitton handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! The premise does sound intriguing :) I love the cover, too. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete