Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Writer Wednesday: Must Haves Writing

I write quirky characters, so it probably comes as no surprises that I have my own set of quirks. Here are a few of my must-haves when I write:

Total Silence
Since having kids, I am a total scatterbrain and have the attention span of a gnat. Trying to write with a six year old and a three year old has become laughable. When I’m in my office, I need quiet (by quiet I mean the yelling is muffled by my closed door). I don’t even write with music on. 

My MacBook
I never thought it would happen, but after years of using Windows, I’m a Mac girl now. I’m completely reliant on my MacBook and don’t write on anything else. Plus, if the calendar on my Mac got erased, my life would be in complete disarray.

Bubble Gum
I have a serious addiction to bubble gum. I usually try not to buy packs of it because I will chew it incessantly until the pack is completely gone. When I’m writing, I usually have one of those huge resealable bags nearby.

Hot Chocolate or Cappuccino
I’m not much of a coffee drinker. I’ll usually only drink coffee if it has been leaden with sugar (Dunkin Donuts Light and Sweet is a favorite). Instead, I usually have a hot chocolate or French vanilla cappuccino handy.   

Pictures of My Family
Last but definitely not least is that I have to write surrounded by pictures of my husband and kids. They inspire me every day and I need to see their wonderful smiles even when we’re apart.

1 comment:

  1. I write in my garage. LOL! Talk about serious weather related issues... In the summer, it's miserable, and in the winter, even more so (I hate to be cold). I'm feelin' ya on the sweet, caffeinated beverages. I like my coffee like I like my men: Sweet and white :) hehehe WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete