Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review: His Reverie by Monica Murphy

Summary:

I knew from the moment I first saw her she was the one. The only girl I could ever want.

The only girl I could ever love.

She is light.

I am darkness.

She is innocent.

I’ve done too much.

She is good.

I am bad.

She is my every dream.

I should be her every nightmare.

We come from different worlds. She’s…perfect. And I’m…

Not.

Somehow she wants me anyway. So we’ll grasp at what we can.

Publication Date: July 28, 2014

His Reverie tells the love story of a “good girl” and a “bad boy.” Reverie is the daughter of a preacher while Nick is an ex-convict who had been wrongfully jailed for a year. Their romance unfolds at a gradual pace and it was sweet to read a realistic story of young and forbidden first love.

I like the author’s writing style, but I hadn’t realized the book was young adult. However, I thought she wrote the book in a way that gave it crossover appeal. She didn’t pretend teens never had sex. However, Reverie came off as way too sheltered and it was hard to connect with her character. Nick was more down to earth, although he had some moments where his decisions were not well thought out at all.

This book seemed mostly a setup for future books. Before I started reading, I did realize this would be part of the series, but the cliffhanger came out of left field for me. It will definitely make readers want to continue on to the next book.

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I hate unexpected cliffhangers!! Superb review, Heather! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete