Monday, January 5, 2015

Review: One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis

Summary:

The #1 international bestseller reminiscent of After I'm Gone, Sister, Before I Go to Sleep, and The Silent Wife--an intricately plotted, thoroughly addictive thriller that introduces a major new voice in suspense fiction--a mesmerizing and powerful novel that will keep you guessing to the very end.

No one has ever guessed Emily's secret.

Will you?

A happy marriage. A beautiful family. A lovely home. So what makes Emily Coleman get up one morning and walk right out of her life--to start again as someone new?

Now, Emily has become Cat, working at a hip advertising agency in London and living on the edge with her inseparable new friend, Angel. Cat's buried any trace of her old self so well, no one knows how to find her. But she can't bury the past--or her own memories.

And soon, she'll have to face the truth of what she's done--a shocking revelation that may push her one step too far. . .

Publication Date: January 27, 2015


One Step Too Far was such a frustrating book! I was totally suckered in by the summary that dared me to figure out Emily’s secret. But when I found out the secret, I was letdown. I expected something totally different and I felt cheated by the ending.

I liked the writing style and how we got scenes of Emily’s past and present. I preferred the scenes building up to Emily running away from her life. I kept trying to figure out what could’ve been so horrible to make her leave.

The plot was very slow. I felt like a lot of mundane stuff could’ve been left out to move the story along. Plus, there were too many points of view and the constant switching felt jarring and unnecessary.

There were also a lot of horrible characters in the book. Emily’s parents are horrible, Emily’s twin is horrible and for a lot of the book Emily is horrible as well. I liked Angel, the best friend Emily makes after she runs away. I liked that she seemed to found her happily ever after over the course of the novel. To be honest, I think I related and liked the “bad” twin Caroline the most.

I couldn’t guess the direction the novel was going so I liked that there were a few surprises to come. I found the novel’s end unsatisfying although loose ends were tied up. I just found some of the events and Emily’s reaction to them a little unbelievable. There was a lot of potential to the novel and I would check out more from the author.

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!



3 comments:

  1. Hmm, will steer clear even though synopsis does make me curious--the slow plot would prb have me dnf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate books with a sh!tton of filler. Ugh. Sorry it fell flat for you. Hate when that happens. Great review, anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take additional insane during the entire rolex replica sale. Insane can be a wonderful foodstuff to help you reduce growing older. They have got a lot of balanced supplements, vitamins along with body fat, which supports harmony your current day-to-day eating routine. As well as, these are a great way to halt your current highly processed craving for food involving food, primary that you a new health boosting fake rolex! Need to are living a good lifestyle and enjoy getting older? To reside in extended, continue to be beneficial. Reports get exhibited that will individuals who have a good perspective in addition generally a prolonged along with better lifestyle. Seek out your hilarity throughout lifestyle. Laughing out loud could under substantial body breitling replica sale along with support strain the load appropriate through your system. Many reports have demostrated your beneficial power involving laughing out loud along with precisely how the idea making you experience greater. Never eat way too much! Pigging out is just about the most popular components throughout shortening your health cover. That you do not need to deny breitling replica, nevertheless you have to be attentive to the number of calorie consumption you happen to be eating on a daily basis. Consult a medical expert and pay attention to the number of calorie consumption you have to be eating determined by your real age, girl or boy, along with frame, along with try and adhere to that will variety. In case you rolex replica to get noticable get older locations because you get older, you can attempt for you to whiten the idea if you would like. You'll find over-the-counter solutions as well as given solutions that may help you make this happen. You could possibly consider using a lose colour ointment, nevertheless as well comply with your recommendations thoroughly therefore you stay away from aggravating your epidermis.

    ReplyDelete