Thursday, April 12, 2012

YA and New Adult Vacation Reading List

Although my hubby thinks I’m nuts, I have a very ambitious vacation reading list. I really want to devour as many books as possible while I’m away because when I return I plan to do marketing work for Second Sight and start on my first draft for the sequel (gulp). I pretty much have the story in my head already and an outline, I just hope it translates as well to paper. For research and enjoyment purposes, I’m keeping my list mainly YA and New Adult.

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter-When I saw the first book was from Harlequin Teen, I almost didn’t read it. I have such a love/hate relationship with the books from this publisher. There’s been a few that I’ve had to throw across the room because I’ve been so disappointed. However, the Goddess Test was REALLY good which makes me have high hopes for the sequel. (I also saw there’s an ebook novella out as a bridge story. Some of these for series books are cool, but I typically only download the freebies.)

Expel by Addison Moore-The Celestra series has been one of my faves lately. Love the mix of humor and action. Great twists too that will get you excited about the next book. I’ve read mixed reviews on this latest entry, but I’m sure I’ll consider it fabulous.

Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux-I’m such a sucker for 90s movies and this book description makes me think of the Cutting Edge. Plus, it is new adult (upper YA) which I’m trying to read more of.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi-I’ve heard AMAZING things about this book so I’m definitely looking forward to checking it out.

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire-Another New Adult genre book I’m hoping to get to. This book has also received a mix of bad and good reviews, so I’m wondering if it will end up in the chuck pile.

Crossed by Ally Condie- This is in my maybe pile. I read the sample chapters and it’s not sucking me in just yet. Wondering if it could get better?

No comments:

Post a Comment