Monday, April 23, 2012

A Review of My Vacation Reads

Although I didn’t get through all of my vacation reads, I did finish four and a half books. Crossed by Ally Condie will have to unfortunately wait until I put a dent into my packed DVR. The books definitely eased the boredom of a sixteen hour car drive to Florida. Here are a few quick impressions:


Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter-This was better than I expected, but still suffered from middle book syndrome. Since it’s a trilogy, the second half felt like mostly a set-up for the final novel. Plus, I didn’t get why Henry was hung up on Persephone. I think the author should have made her a bit more likable.

Expel by Addison Moore-God, I am so torn after this book. It was fast-paced with plenty of love angst, but oh god the ENDING! Not sure how everything is going to work out and who Skyla could possibly end up with. Can’t wait for the next book to see how the author brings everything together.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi-This book has been super hyped, so I started reading it with a lot of preconceived notions in my head. I’m glad I gave it a shot because it was sooooo good. I love stories where the two main characters hate each other at first, but then fall in love over the course of the book. The setting was so different too from other dystopian YA entries.

Life on the Edge by Jennifer Comeaux-After some heavier reads, I was definitely ready for a beach read. This book was just what I was looking for. No heavy conflicts, cute love story and a fun setting. Can’t wait to read the upcoming sequel!

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire-Hey, I can dig bad boys just like most girls. But Travis was way too unlikable for my tastes. I got about half way through and gave up on it. Was very disappointed since I liked that the main characters were college-aged.

Now that my book marathon is over back to getting Second Sight ready for publication. Plan to do my final edits this week, hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment