Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review: Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White

Goodreads Summary:

Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.
But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

Publication Date: February 18, 2014

I was very excited to have an ARC of Perfect Lies because it allowed me to jump right into the continuation of Annie and Fia’s story after finishing Mind Games. I enjoyed Perfect Lies and finished it in a couple of sittings because I was eager to see if the sisters would be able to bring down Keane Industries.

Perfect Lies is again told from the Annie and Fia’s point of views with the timeframe of their two stories jumping back and forth. The chapter headings indicate a countdown is happening and the reader gets a sense of time running out for the characters.

Annie grew in this book and it was great to see her become a stronger character. I think the addition of a love interest for her, Cole, was a good idea on the part of an author. Cole pushed her and didn’t allow her to wallow and think of herself as weak. Fia really unraveled in this book and her narrative showed the tenuous grip she had on reality.

The pace is quick in Perfect Lies and the action is almost non-stop. Like the first book, you never know the characters’ true intentions and it keeps you guessing on whom the sisters should trust.

There was a lot of unanswered questions and from what I’ve read is sounds like this is the final installment. I would’ve liked more development of the main baddie of the book Mr. Keane, James’ father. Adam’s part wasn’t fleshed out either, a disappointment since Annie’s vision of him was what started the series.

The ending was bittersweet and I wanted a different ending for one of the sisters. Overall, I really did find this book as much of a page-turner as Mind Games and really enjoyed the characters and suspense of the series.

Rating: 4/5 Stars


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book for review!

3 comments:

  1. So jealous! I'm really excited to read this one, although I am sad to hear that it's going to be the last one if there are so many unanswered questions. I really felt like Mind Games was too short and now it sounds like this may be the same way. Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice review! I liked Mind Games, but not as much as I would have hoped. Read that one as an ARC so now I really have no recollection as to what went down! I remember the ending being quite surprising though...just not down to the details why it was surprising!

    Might still give this one a go though! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you got an advance copy! Very nice review, Heather. Thanks for sharing. Now I'm gonna have to check these out :-/ LOL I seriously can't wait to read your review for Red Hill :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete