Thursday, March 20, 2014

Review: Crazy for You by Juliet Rosetti

Summary:

In the tradition of Janet Evanovich and Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Juliet Rosetti ups the ante in her laugh-out-loud funny Escape Diaries series, as Mazie Maguire must use any means necessary to keep her main squeeze out of the slammer.
Once you escape from prison and ride off into the sunset with the gorgeous guy who helped you nail a killer, you live happily ever after, right? Well, not exactly—not if you’re Mazie Maguire, and the flow chart of your life looks like a pinball machine. Mazie has broken up with her guy, Ben Labeck, she can’t pay her rent, her car is infested with mice, and she’s working at a coffee shop where the dress code is teddies, thongs, and toe-cleavage heels. Now Ben is the chief suspect in a murder investigation, and Mazie’s tapping into her fugitive wiles to keep him out of jail. Strictly as friends, she vows. No kissing, no touching, no romance. But how is Mazie supposed to keep her thoughts platonic when her “buddy” is giving her erotic back rubs, and a make-believe-we’re-newlyweds charade puts her in the mood for a wedding night?

Publication Date: December 9, 2013


This was a cute and funny read. Mazie was quite the character and I loved her antics while she attempted to help solve a murder mystery. She had great chemistry with Ben and I can’t wait to read future books about the duo.

Crazy for You is the second book in the Life and Love on the Lam series. Although I hadn’t read the first book, it was easy to get into the plot. A brief overview of the last book is given, but I didn’t feel like it was done as an info dump. I liked Mazie’s sense of humor right off of the bat and like the blurb suggests the book is reminiscent of the Stephanie Plum series.

Mazie and Ben were hysterical once they came together to solve the murder. There chemistry was sweet and steamy. It definitely makes me curious to see how they got together in the first novel. Along with Mazie and Ben, I enjoyed the secondary characters and loved how their quirks added a lot of flair to the plot.

The pacing was excellent and I never grew bored of the plot. There were a lot of editing issues, but since I did have an ARC I’ll assume the copy was cleaned up before publication. There was a little bit of predictability when it came to the plot, but it was the perfect book for me to just turn my brain off for the night and enjoy the ride. Readers of romantic suspense who enjoy unique protagonists will love this series.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of Crazy for You for review!

2 comments:

  1. Cute and funny with good pacing sounds like something I need in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore great humor in a book. So far, Fern Michaels is the only one who's made me laugh out loud while reading, but this book sounds promising. Off to grab a sample! Fantastic review, Heather. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete