Friday, May 30, 2014

Review: Look Behind You by Sibel Hodge

Summary:

Chloe Benson wakes up kidnapped and bound in an underground tomb with no memory of how she got there.

She escapes through deserted woods with her life, but no one believes her story.

And when she suspects her husband is lying to her, Chloe is forced to retrace her past, following in her own footsteps to find the truth and stay alive.

But who is following Chloe?

Look Behind You. You never know who’s out there.


I really loved Look Behind You. Although the plot seemed straightforward enough, the author kept me guessing. I would think I had the whole abduction plot figured out and then a twist would come up and I’d doubt my theories.

The book had a gripping beginning. Chloe wakes up in a crypt with no memory of her abduction. Chloe is injured and bound and she must find a way out of the tomb in order to survive. Chloe escapes the ordeal, but when she returns home, her horrors are only just starting.

I definitely connected with Chloe. When I read about her past and her relationship with husband Liam, it was obvious Chloe had been a pushover. I liked her transformation throughout the book and how strong and independent she became.  

I loved so many of the story elements. I empathized with Chloe as she tries to figure out the mysteries surrounding her abduction. Chloe is somewhat of an unreliable narrator once she discovers she had a mental break just before her abduction. Her shaky mental state makes everyone doubt her abduction and escape story.

The pacing was great and I never grew bored of the plot. The novel is a quick read and I had to finish as the suspense continued to build.

Fans of psychological thrillers will enjoy this book. The author is new to me, but I’ll be looking for more books from her.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!



1 comment:

  1. Oh man. Here goes another one to my "must be checked out right away" list :) Thanks for sharing your dynamite review, Heather! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete