Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Pieces of Olivia by Melissa West

Goodreads Summary:

Olivia Warren used to be a normal girl with a bright future.
But on one fated night, everything changed.

Hiding the scars of her past up her sleeves, Olivia transfers her enrollment from Columbia University to The College of Charleston, determined to pursue her own dreams for the first time in her life.

She intends to allow herself a bit of alone time to heal... that is, until she meets Preston.

Preston is best friends with her roommate, completely hot, and off-limits. But the chemistry between them is instantaneous—and as the pair begins to spend more time with one another, their feelings for each other build into something undeniable, something powerful enough to heal Olivia’s deepest scars.

Olivia tries to put her own past behind her and trust Preston, but she discovers that his past might be more present than she ever bargained for…

Publication Date: July 15, 2014


Pieces of Olivia was an enjoyable New Adult contemporary romance. The love interest Preston was very swoony. I also really liked the secondary characters, especially Olivia’s roommate Kara. Olivia was an okay character for me. I actually loved her in the beginning, but the way she reacted to Preston’s “secret” made me like her a little less. I had guessed what the secret was and I hadn’t really wanted the book to go in that direction because I think it created a lot of unnecessary weirdness. However, I was still hooked on the plot and holding out hope for a happy ending for all characters involved. The pacing was excellent and I never felt like the story dragged. I’d recommend Pieces of Olivia for NA fans who enjoy a love story with plenty of angst.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome that you enjoyed it. You've had so many books let you down lately, I was beginning to wonder ;) Not my genre, but a very lovely review! Well done. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preston sounds like my kind of guy too.

    ReplyDelete