Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review: The Gray Horizon by M. Kircher

Goodreads Summary:

What does it mean to be brave? This is the question Caden must answer as he accompanies Thea, Ben, Rain, and Naomi back out under the dark clouds of the canopy, to rescue Viv from the deadly shadows and save a shattered Earth from the brink of destruction. Caden’s lazy, arrogant nature is tested as the group draws closer to finding Viv, forcing him to confront his inner demons and admit his feelings for Thea—even as their relationship is threatened by her ever-growing connection to Ben.

Will Caden discover his true potential? Or, when the group uncovers a devastating secret and faces a betrayal that has the power to turn the tide in the war with the shadows, will he abandon his friends and go back to a life of never-ending darkness?

Find out in The Gray Horizon, the exciting, action-packed sequel to The War Inside
Publication Date: August 13, 2014

I had forgotten a lot about the first book, so I was nervous starting The Gray Horizon. However, after a couple of chapters, I was able to re-familiarize myself with the characters and the world Kircher has created. I got really into the story again and I felt like it was a solid sequel.

I loved the idea behind the series and I was happy to see the author continue to develop her dystopian society. Readers got to learn more about how Thea and Caden’s world came to be and I found the history interesting. The author brings attention to important environmental issues in a very subtle way.

The characters grew more in the novel and I especially appreciated being inside Caden’s head. He has grown the most in the series and I love the budding romance between him and Thea. My only complaint is that I wish Thea had a bigger part to play in the sequel.

The pace was good and I did feel like there was more action and suspense in the sequel. The conclusion left me eager to see how the trilogy concludes. Overall, The Gray Horizon is a solid book for fans of teen dystopians.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the author for a copy of the novel for review!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. My TBR is just getting a dent made in it! LOL! This sounds like an awesome series. Must. Not. One-Click. Wonderful review. Thanks so much for sharing. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete