Monday, October 12, 2015

Review: Play of Light by Debra Doxer

Summary:

I lived in paradise, and I loved Spencer Pierce.

At fourteen, my life was perfect. The beach was my playground, and the boy who stole my heart lived just around the corner. But perfect never lasts. In one horrifying moment, I lost it all. My family was destroyed, and the boy I believed in turned his back on me. Paradise became a nightmare.

That was five years ago. Everything changed when we moved from our home by the sea. I’ve changed, and I don’t like who I’ve become. I miss the smiling, carefree beach girl who disappeared that terrible night. I want to find her again. I want to face the people we ran from so long ago. Most of all, I have to face Spencer. So I can prove that when he broke my heart, he didn’t break me.

But when I see him again, Spencer Pierce is no longer the boy from my memories. He’s now a man who could devastate me if I let him. He watches me when he thinks I’m not looking. There’s regret written on his face when he’s near. Each time I see him, my heart aches for what might have been, and I think his does too. How can I convince myself I’m over him when I suspect he never got over me?

Publication Date: December 2014


Play of Light has been sitting on my Kindle for a while now and for some reason, I just couldn’t find the time to read it. I’m really regretting the wait now because the love story between Sarah and Spencer was so touching. The novel was so much more than just a cookie cutter New Adult romance.

The characters were just so easy to connect with. I felt like I was right with Sarah and Spencer as they had shared moments of happiness and heartbreak. I loved their relationship as young teens and how protective Spencer was of Sarah from the very beginning. And then five years later when they come back together, I was completely swooning over Spencer. His chemistry with Sarah was off the charts. I do wish that the intense feelings hadn’t been so instantaneous and took a little more time to develop after the two of them not being in contact for five years.

From the very beginning, I was completely engrossed in their love story. The pace never dragged and I enjoyed Doxer’s writing style. She expertly captured all of the different emotions that each character was going through. During the intense scenes, I felt choked up and in the heartwarming scenes, I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

The conclusion was the perfect ending to Sarah and Spencer’s epic love story and I can’t wait to read more from the author.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT review, Heather :) Don't you just love finding buried gems in your Kindle? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sometimes an alternative rado replica that provides one that trust taking an important hazard. Several other days getting an important haircut which will creates one to earn a impressive relocate.
    In cases where you need a product which you could happily display screen ınside your home office and study, you could obtain a hublot replica sale display screen court case built from wooden.
    You can get obviously any good small amount of displays that can be characterized by wooden which is blanketed through wash rag as well as a fake replica watches sale components.
    It obviously includes plenty with the appearance and feeling belonging to the court case. As expected, in such a special rolex replica sale shows up special cost you, as a result look at your choices with care.

    ReplyDelete