Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes

Goodreads Summary:

You're alone. You're vulnerable. And you have something that someone else wants. At any cost...

Claudia seems to have the perfect life. She's heavily pregnant with a much-wanted baby, she has a loving husband, and a beautiful home. And then Zoe steps into her life. Zoe has come to help Claudia when her baby arrives. But there's something about Zoe that Claudia doesn't like. Or trust.

And when she finds Zoe in her bedroom, Claudia's anxiety turns to real fear...
Publication Date: June 20, 2013

This book was a huge surprise. I’ve never experienced such a change of heart in the course of reading any other novel. I was all set to give the novel three stars when the ending came along and completely blindsided me. It changed the entire book for me and I loved how the author tied everything together.

The subject matter definitely made me squeamish. Pregnant women having their bellies cut into aren’t something I normally want to read about. However, I thought it was interesting how the author focused on different women and their struggles with fertility. I thought the author did a good job of depicting an infertile woman on the outside looking in.

The story is told from three female points of view: Lorraine, Zoe and Claudia. I liked reading about each character and their struggles they faced. A few of the sub-plots were a little boring, but I understood their purpose a little more as the story unfolded.

I don’t want to post spoilers, so I’ll only say the ending will leave you breathless. I’m never usually surprised, but there were incredible twists to the story. I loved how I never saw it coming, but now when I look back at the novel, it makes perfect sense. The author didn’t leave plot holes for the sake of a shocking twist.

I would highly recommend this novel to suspense lovers. The crimes are horrifying and I was on the edge of my seat over if the right person would be brought to justice.

Rating: 5/5 Stars


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book for review!

3 comments:

  1. The suspense and crime sounds really well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like suspense and it sounds like this book is really good, I love when I found a book that I don't see a twist coming since that is pretty rare. On the other hand I don't know if I can manage someone who cuts into women's bellies, but for some reason I still want to read it so I added it to my TBR pile. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeek!! Sounds like an awesome book. I'm gonna have to check it out :) GREAT review, Heather. Thanks for not posting a spoiler :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete