Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books of 2013

The Broke and the Bookish hosts this fun meme. Stop by their site to participate.

It's been ages since I did this meme, but I figured it was the perfect chance for me to share my favorite reads this year. It was so hard to narrow it down to ten, but here it goes. I didn't put them in any particular order either =)

All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
I really loved the premise for this book as well as how it became so much more than a time travel novel. Characterizations were amazing and the ending left me heartbroken and sobbing.

Going Under by S. Walden
Another heartbreaking book with a realistic and horrifying premise revolving around serial rapists and the girl who tries to take them down. This one stayed with me long after I finished reading.
Archetype by M.D. Waters
This doesn't come out until January, but I'm certain it will be one of the most buzzed about books of the year. Amazing characters and a plot twist I'm still reeling from. Thank goodness the sequel is going to be released in the summer because I would die if I had to wait much longer.

No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale
This is a book people either love or hate, but I absolutely adored it. I read it straight through during a road trip and I was snorting with laughter the entire time. The main character Kippy is one of my favorite narrators of all time.

Surviving Raine by Shay Savage
This book was a huge surprise because I usually hate main characters like Bastian. He's broody and violent, but I ended up really becoming invested in his survival story. He had major chemistry with the sweet and innocent Raine and I couldn't put this book down until I found out if they would make it or not.

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
The final book comes out in a couple of months and I CAN NOT WAIT. This sequel to Shatter Me did not hit a sophomore slump at all and it made me fall in love all over again with the characters.
World After by Susan Ee
I read Angelfell and World After back to back and it quickly became one of my favorite paranormal series. The dystopian world the author created is frightening with the unique idea that angels are the bad guys.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Alien invasion stories are hit or miss for me and this was a big hit for me. I loved the survival story of Cassie and the twists and turns in the novel that I never saw coming.
Omens by Kelley Armstrong
I love Kelley Armstrong's books and Omens didn't disappoint. It was different than her other novels, but I loved it all the same.

Parallel by Lauren Miller
Although I like standalone books, I almost wish this was a series because of how much I loved the plot and the characters. It also had one of the most interesting love triangles I've ever read.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I enjoyed World After and Omens! Have yet to read The 5th Wave! Gotta get moving on that!

    Great list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to read All Our Yesterdays! The 5th Wave was a decent book. I also can't wait to try Omens since I like that author. It looks like you have had a great reading and writing year! I hope it is just as good for you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I really want to read All Our Yesterdays and The 5th Wave, have heard so many great things about both of them. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Surviving Raine but I'm thinking now that I need to :) Thanks for sharing these awesome books, Heather. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete