Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review: Dangerous Boys by Abigail Haas

Goodreads Summary:

Three teens venture into the abandoned Monroe estate one night; hours later, only two emerge from the burning wreckage. Chloe drags one Reznick brother to safety, unconscious and bleeding; the other is left to burn, dead in the fire. But which brother survives? And is his death a tragic accident? Desperate self-defense? Or murder?

Chloe is the only one with the answers. As the fire rages, and police and parents demand the truth, she struggles to piece together the story of how they got there-a story of jealousy, twisted passion, and the darkness that lurks behind even the most beautiful of faces…

Publication Date: August 14, 2014


I was so excited to get my hands on an early copy of Dangerous Boys! I loved the author’s book Dangerous Girls and couldn’t wait to read more of her work. Dangerous Boys was just as twisted and suspenseful as the original and I’m excited to read future books from Haas.

From the first chapter, I was drawn into the dark and tumultuous lives of Chloe, Ethan and Oliver. The reader knows from the start something awful is going to happen to these characters, but Haas keeps you guessing on how exactly the plot will unfold.

It’s hard to talk about the characters without posting spoilers. But I will say they were complex and the relationships between Chloe and the brothers kept evolving. I thought the book was mostly about a love triangle gone wrong, but it turned out to be so much more than that.

The only thing I wasn’t completely sold on was the character development. The book is short and I really would’ve liked more to understand how the characters got from Point A to Point. Honestly, the book was so good—I could’ve read a thousand more pages.

Dangerous Boys is a standalone and not connected to the first book, but I highly recommend Dangerous Girls. I actually think I liked Dangerous Girls a bit more than Dangerous Boys. But both books are awesome and can be enjoyed by both mature YA readers and those who like novels of psychological suspense.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review! 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this since I loved Dangerous Girls!

    ReplyDelete