Friday, November 21, 2014

Review: The Frivolity Fairies by Jo Michaels


Summary:

It's Christmas Eve, 2014, and thirteen-year-old Shirley is listening to the same bedtime story she's heard every year.

This year, she comes face to face with the frivolity fairies from the tale; naughty, careless creatures who cause mischief with no regard to morality.

In a tale of Christmas spirit, magic, and happy endings, find out what happens when one little girl sets out to make things right.

Publication Date: October 5, 2014


What a sweet Christmas fairy tale! I really liked Shirley’s story and her adventures with the Frivolity Fairies. I enjoyed the way Jo introduced certain fairy tropes in the story and put her own twist on them. I think children in the 10 to 13 age range would enjoy the story the most since some of the themes could be frightening to younger kids. The short story is free on Amazon and I’m glad I picked it up since I feel more in the holiday spirit after I finished reading. On a side note, I have to say I love the cover! The picture and typeset are gorgeous!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Thanks for the most awesome review, Heather! So glad you enjoyed the story :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read much christmas type stories, but glad to hear you enjoyed

    ReplyDelete