Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: Once More With Feeling by Megan Crane

Summary:

Sarah Lowery thought she could get past her husband Tim’s betrayal and get back to the life they’d planned out so carefully—but then a car accident puts Tim into a coma and reveals the kind of nine month secret that means life as Sarah knows it really is over.

If only she could figure out how she got into this position in the first place, Sarah is sure she could fix it. Somehow.

But when Sarah digs into her past, she finds she has to face all the ghosts she left behind—and the reason she left them there. One very tall, very sexy reason named Alec Frasier, who might hold the key to the kind of future Sarah used to dream about.

Yet when Tim wakes up and can’t remember what he did, Sarah has the chance to slip back into her old life as if she never left it. Trouble is, she’s no longer sure it fits…

Publication Date: June 8, 2014


I love Megan Crane’s books and I thought Once More With Feeling was a good read. I didn’t love the novel as much as her previous works, but I still found myself invested in Sarah’s tale of marital woes.

Sarah was a good main character because I could see her growth throughout the novel. She started out as really naïve and a doormat and I was glad to see her forced into a situation that made her evolve. I really couldn’t stand her family and her husband and I really didn’t understand at first why she was fighting to keep these horrible people in her life.

The second half of the book really picked up for me. Instead of a romantic book, Once More With Feeling is more about a woman’s journey of self-discovery. Because of the plot, I did feel the inner monologues was a little overkill and slowed down the plot. I was also hoping for a little more romance, but I felt like the novel concluded on a hopeful note.

Overall, I liked the book and I can’t wait to read more of Megan Crane’s novels.

Rating: 4/5 Stars


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tough decision book. Hey, at least Megan had the chutzpah to bring forth a main character with a journey to take :) That's so often forgotten these days. Thanks for sharing your awesome review, Heather. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete