Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: Die for Me by Cynthia Eden

Summary:

Katherine Cole thought her fiance was the perfect man until he turned out to be the perfect killer. He left his victims stabbed through the heart holding a telltale single red rose and was deemed the Valentine Killer. Three years ago he vanished. Now he's back. And he's hunting the one who got away. In New Orleans, Katherine dared to hope she was finally safe, yet somehow he found her. This time, Katherine won't just sit silently by; she'll do anything to stop the monster she once loved, even trust the sexy cop promising to keep her safe? Detective Dane Black never lets his emotions interfere with the job, even as the Valentine Killer surfaces in New Orleans to stalk his prey. But when Dane agrees to protect the killer's ex-fiance, he can't ignore the passion kindling between them. After a single unforgettable night binds them body and soul, Dane won't rest until Katherine is safe in his arms and the Valentine Killer is dead.

Publication Date: February 12, 2013
What a dark and twisty romantic read! This is the first book I read by the author, but I’m now an instant fan. I loved all of the elements of Die for Me: the mystery, the suspense and the romance. The heroine was easy to cheer for and I liked how the mystery was resolved.

The characters were very likable in the story. Katherine had gone through hell in her life, but was unbreakable. Her back-story was gradually revealed and I couldn’t believe she was so together after having a fiancĂ© who turned out to be a serial killer.

The romance moved a little quickly for my personal tastes, but I still liked the couple together. The steam level was just perfect for me. Dane was a very alpha detective and he had serious chemistry from the get go with Katherine. I liked that he was super protective, but I also approved that Katherine seemed to be able to hold her own.

There was a twist that I didn’t predict, so I appreciated the author throwing me for a loop. I look forwarding to read more of the author’s thrillers.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. Twists are the stuff of life, eh? hehe One hell of a review, my dear. Sounds steamy and realistic. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The characters and the twist sound good even if the romance moved a little too quickly

    ReplyDelete