Friday, July 10, 2015

Review: Swerve by Vicki Pettersson

Summary:

It’s high summer in the Mojave Desert, and Kristine Rush and her fiancé, Daniel, are en route from Las Vegas to Lake Arrowhead, California, for the July Fourth holiday weekend. But when Daniel is abducted from a desolate rest stop, Kristine is forced to choose: return home unharmed, but never to see her fiancé again, or plunge forward into the searing desert to find him…where a killer lies in wait.

Publication Date: July 9, 2015

This book was good—really, really good. I’m a huge fan of psychological suspense and Swerve is one of my favorite 2015 reads in the genre. The book has non-stop action and the suspense keeps going at a frantic pace until the very last page.

I loved the setup of Swerve. A woman is led on a wild goose chase orchestrated by a murderer who is keeping her fiancé as the prize. I liked that there wasn’t a lot of information dumping at the beginning and the action started right away. Readers are giving more background as the story progresses about Kristine and her dark history.

There was so many twists and turns in the story that it kept me on my toes. I admit some of the twists I predicted early on, but it didn’t steal away any of my enjoyment of the book. The second half of the book was such a nail-biter that I stayed up way into the night to finish reading.

I can’t really say too much without giving away the plot, but some of the elements aren’t for the faint of heart. The depictions were pretty gruesome and there was a bit of disbelief over how many terrible things could happen to one person.

I would highly recommend Swerve to readers of thrillers. I’m now a huge fan of the author and can’t wait to check out more of her books.

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. The thriller aspect as well as twists and turns make this sound like a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey! I love suspense novels :) eep! Wonderful review, Heather. Looks like my TBR just got a new addition. LOL! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete