Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: Shy Kinda Love by Deanna Eshler

Summary:

When I was eleven, my best friend died in a car accident. When I was twelve, my mom walked out, leaving only a note to say goodbye. When I was eighteen, I was forced into witness protection.

My new name is Shyanne Adams. To protect myself, and painless existence, I do not live. I do not laugh. I do not love. For the last three years, the only meaningful thing I’ve done is care for the horse I rescued.

But now, at the age of twenty-one, the one person from both my past and present is pushing me to start living. Before I know it, I’m moving in with new friends who make me laugh. And next door is Kade Cross, the guy who wants me to love.

Kade knows that I will complicate his life, but he welcomes the challenge. He sees that I’m broken, but he doesn’t try to fix me. When he knows I’m trying to push him away, he braces for the impact.

What Kade doesn’t know is that I could have to relocate at any time. So I have to decide: is experiencing love for a short time worth the pain of losing it?


This New Adult Romance is an emotional journey through pain and healing as Shyanne decides to start living again, but never forgetting she could lose this life… just like her last one.

Publication Date: February 4, 2015


I liked Shy Kinda Love. I was looking for a good New Adult romance to get swept away with and this book satisfied my reading appetites. The middle was a little slow for me, but the book definitely ends with a bang.

Although I read the story before of the broken girl with the ugly past, Shy’s story really touched me. I think the author did a good job of making me feel connected to Shy and everything she has gone through. I never felt annoyed by Shy or her choices, she really gave the book it’s “heart.”

Kade was charming and I liked he wasn’t the typical reformed bad boy love interest. Their relationship is every endearing and sweet. Although this book is New Adult, there’s not a lot of sexy time in it. But the innocent romance worked well for the characters.

The beginning and end of the book was the strongest. The first chapter pulls the reader into the story while the last chapter ties everything up nicely. Definitely a good read for fans of college-age romances.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear it was one that can easily sweep you away with the story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, Heather! Isn't it great when you get a book that just clicks with your inner-reading goddess? :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete