Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Quick Reviews and What I'm Reading Next

Ugh, so nothing like a stomach bug to knock you on your butt for a few days. The only positive thing about being bedridden was I able to catch up on my DVR shows and some reading. Here's what I thought about the books I finished:



Across the Universe by Beth Revis-I REALLY thought I was going to love this book. The premise sounded interesting and the opening scenes had me on the edge of my seat. The book lost some of its mojo for me by the middle and I found myself losing interest. I think it came from not being overly fond of Elder. The chapters from Amy's POV were much more enjoyable. I would have to give it three out of five stars and I'll probably check out the sequel down the road.

Awake: A Fairytale by Jessica Grey: Do you ever need an escapist novel? This was the perfect antidote to my sick blues. It's fun, silly and I'm definitely a fan of books that portray teenage girls realistically. I also enjoyed how much growth the main character experienced over the course of the novel. Great read overall and I'll be sure to check out the sequels.  Four and a half stars out of five.

Next on my reading list:

Existence by Abbi Glines: Read the Kindle sample and it's really sucked me in. It definitely has a creepy feel and I'm definitely curious to see where things will go.

Black Dawn by Rachel Caine-The last two books in the Morganville Vampires series have been AMAZING. I was shocked to see this is Book 12! It doesn't feel tired to me and I'm excited to check out the latest entry.


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare-I've heard way too much about this YA series to not finally check it out. Plus, I've got to find out what this whole Team Jace and Team Simon thing is about.

1 comment: