Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Books to Be Made Into Movies

The Top Ten Tuesday Topic for this week on the Broke and the Bookish is the top ten books we would love to see made into movies. When I though up my picks, I realized I had quite an eclectic mix. These are my picks in no particular order:



Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Plenty of action and a tragic love story-what could make for a better movie?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

I would think this book would work so well as a romantic comedy. A funny actress paired with a handsome actor who could play a CEO type would work great.

Dark Visions by LJ Smith

Since Secret Circle and Vampire Diaries now both have TV series, I think this would work as well for movies or TV. Although some of the plot points may have to be updated, a modern telling about the school for psychics would surely be a hit.

The Goddess Hunt by Aimee Carter

I’m sort of obsessed with this book and always picture it as a movie. I like the idea of gods and goddesses posing as humans to help find a bride for the ruler of the Underworld.

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

I know there are a ton of fans of these books (myself included) and this could be made into a really funny and touching coming of age movie.

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate

Although I love the Fallen series, I never really like how angel stories translate to screen. Ambition, blackmail and murder at a ritzy high school make for a fun popcorn movie.

Frenemies by Megan Crane

This could be a Mean Girls for the twenty-something set. Also, would love to be in charge of casting the rich bad boy Henry.

My Sweet Audrina by VC Andrews

Another one of my teen obsessions, me and my childhood BFF felt completely scandalized after reading each one of her books. This standalone novel was one of the few that weren’t too out there (i.e. no incest) to actually be made into a movie.

Before I Go to Sleep by SJ Watson

An exciting thriller with a main character suffering from short term memory loss (Memento Part 2?).

Any Judy Blume Book

Are you like me and have such a soft spot for the coming of age author? Not sure how well some of her books would translate into film, but it would be interesting to see my childhood faves appear on screen.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree on "Can you Keep a Secret?" I feel like at one point in was in developement (with Kate Hudson as the lead) but fell though :(

    Yes to Judy Bloom especially any Fudge book. Seriously how awesome would Fudge be on screen?

    ReplyDelete