Monday, July 23, 2012

Second Sight Book Two Updates


Hi everyone! I haven't written any updates lately about Second Sight Book Two, so I thought I'd let you know how things are going. By the way, sales for First Visions have exceeded my expectations! Since the book's publication on May 1, sales have grown each month. I seriously love you guys! I felt sort of half out of mind when I decided to pass up the small press offers and publish the book on my own. Although I'll never know if the book would have done as well, at least I don't have to kick myself because I put in this huge marketing effort and was only able to sell a couple of copies.

As for book two, I'm finally able to really get back into writing it. I had to take a break to market First Visions, but it now has my full focus. I'm hoping to get the first draft done in the next couple of weeks and begin my first round of edits. With the pace I'm going at now, I'm shooting for a tentative release date of October 2. I worked with a speedy and efficient editor last time around, so I'm hoping for the same experience this time.

A few plot hints:
  • Kate continues to grapple with control over her visions.
  • She meets a new psychic who offers to help her control her visions, but his reasons may be less than altruistic.
  • There will be two new abduction cases she's asked to work on. One will involve a five-year-old boy who is taken from a shopping center in Washington. The other will be a case of a 24-year-old missing fitness instructor from Pennsylvania.
  • Jared and Kate attempt to have a normal relationship despite her unnerving psychic visions and her involvement in potentially dangerous investigations.
By the way, blog move has been successful so far and I've been working on rebuilding my following. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear you're successful with your book! It feels good when your marketing efforts pay off, huh? :) Glad to have you back at the keyboard and in the game again! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete