Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Monday: Dark Premonitions: Second Sight Book Three Soundtrack

Today, I'm sharing the songs that inspired the third book in the Second Sight series. I've put explanations next to a few of the picks. If you've read Dark Premonitions, then you'll probably be able to guess the meaning behind the rest.

Screaming Infidelities by Dashboard Confessional-I love this band! I thought this song was appropriate because fidelity has been a theme that's run through all three of the books.

Seal My Fate by Belly-Fate is another thing that I touch upon in Dark Premonitions. Has Kate's fate been sealed and is she simply waiting to die? Or can her destiny be changed?

Little Talks by Monsters and Men-This song is perfect for the scenes that take place at Aunt Lizzie's house in Maine. Kate and Jared both miss each other, but they're having a hard time getting over the past.

Umbrella by Marie Digby-Although I love Rhianna's version too, this one is a personal fave. The line: "Said I'll always be a friend, Took an oath I'm a stick it out till the end"goes back to Jared's promise of friendship since the first book.

That's What You Get by Paramore-This is another song about getting through the hurt caused by both Jared and Kate's actions.

Trouble Is a Friend by Lenka-Kate starts to feel the threat of the person who wants her dead and she feels him closing in on her throughout Dark Premonitions.

I Will Survive by Cake-This is such a cool version of the classic. Kate decides not to just let death come for her and she figures out ways to fight back.

Like a Star by Corinne Bailey Rae

Walking With a Ghost by Tegan and Sara

Angel Standing By by Jewel

Hopeless Wanderer by Mumford & Sons


2 comments:

  1. I like a lot of these songs and think they go great with the book

    ReplyDelete
  2. These songs fit perfectly. Well played. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete