Monday, March 2, 2015

Review: Love's Own Reward by Dana Ransom



Summary:

When Charley Carter receives a half-million dollars for rescuing a boy from a burning car, she finds the media frenzy disconcerting and retreats into a self-made protective shell. Hoping to write an expose on this scheming, enigmatic young woman, undercover journalist Jess McMasters instead finds himself succumbing to Charley's beauty, charm, and sincerity.

Publication Date: May 27, 2014

I read a lot of dark and heavy stuff, so sometimes I need a lighter read. Something sweet and romantic just like Love’s Own Reward. I’ll admit it, I love the fluff sometimes! There is drama in the book, but not the kind that ties the reader in knots.

I liked the characters. I didn’t think I would connect with Charley, but she grew on me. I liked how she became less of a doormat as the story progressed. Jess was great too and I liked his complexity. He seemed really torn up over his budding feelings for Charley and trying to get his story.

The pace was a little slow at times, but I did like how their relationship developed. It had a natural feel. The conclusion was solid and I got my HEA.

Rating: 4/5 Stars


Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review, Heather. Glad you finally found something light and fun :) Thanks for sharing. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete