Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Dark Dreamer Teaser and Release Date Change



The Dark Dreamer is based off a story idea I've had for a long time and I can't wait to share the final product with everyone! As I fine-tune the book, I am going to change the publication date. The story will now be released April 14, 2015!

In the meantime, here's a teaser image and an unedited excerpt from The Dark Dreamer!

“The game is simple. All you have to do is answer one question correctly,” Drew said in a hypnotic voice.

I didn’t turn around. I kept looking at my blood-coated hands, feeling as if the liquid was seeping deeper and deeper into my skin—unable to ever be washed clean. “What’s the question?”

“What happens to those who believe they are gods on earth?”

After a hesitation, I finally faced him. I reached out and wrapped my hand forcefully around his sleeve. When I pulled away, a perfect bloodied palm print appeared on the white fabric of his suit jacket. “I never claimed to be a god.”

“Are you certain? Because aren’t you deciding fates as if you were a god? Haven’t you tossed aside your prophet’s label and trying on a more powerful role? A role requiring you to decide who lives and who dies.”

“I’m trying to save the world,” I stuttered. My words were garbled and I found my voice straining to speak. The choker tightened around my neck—somehow animated and loosening and constricting against my throat depending on what I chose to say.

“But who are you to decide if the world is worth saving?” he demanded. He grabbed my forearms and jerked my frame against his chest. He guided my chin with his fingers until I was gazing up at him. His speech altered to a more venemous tone. “You live in a make-believe world of truths that you modify until they fit into your own little box of right and wrong. Good and evil. Just remember, Rebekah, you’ve never been the one pulling the strings.”

3 comments:

  1. Love the excerpt-can't wait to read a new series from you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! So excited Heather! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! Sounds awesome. :) Thanks for sharing. Super excited!

    ReplyDelete