Monday, April 13, 2015

Review: Remember Me This Way by Sabine Durrant

Summary:

The new, brilliantly tense psychological thriller by Sabine Durrant, author of the hugely praised UNDER YOUR SKIN.

Everyone keeps telling me I have to move on. And so here I am, walking down the road where he died, trying to remember him the right way.


A year after her husband Zach's death, Lizzie goes to lay flowers where his fatal accident took place.

As she makes her way along the motorway, she thinks about their life together. She wonders whether she has changed since Zach died. She wonders if she will ever feel whole again.

At last she reaches the spot. And there, tied to a tree, is a bunch of lilies. The flowers are addressed to her husband. Someone has been there before her.

Lizzie loved Zach. She really did.

But she's starting to realise she didn't really know him.

Or what he was capable of . . .

Publication Date: May 26, 2015


Remember Me This Way was such a great psychological suspense read! I was so caught up in the story, I literally couldn’t sleep until the book was finished. I had to find out what happened to Zach and Lizzie during their brief marriage before his tragic death in a car accident.

The book is told in flashes of the past and present. We get to see Lizzie dealing with her grief a year after her husband’s death. Although their relationship wasn’t healthy, she still misses him and wants to find out what happened during his final moments. The other chapters are Zach’s diary entries starting back to when he first met Lizzie.

Zach was one messed up character! Sometimes I probably enjoy reading from the perspective of crazies a little too much. Lizzie was a sad sort of character and really let a lot of people walk all over her. Although her attitude was frustrating at times, I felt like she was authentic. Zach chose her as his wife because of her submissiveness.

The climax was pretty crazy and there was a super messed up twist revealed in the third act. I suspected something early on, but I thought no way the author would go there. But it happened and I definitely felt traumatized by the reveal.

Highly recommend this book and author to suspense fans who don’t mind having their heads messed around with a bit!

Rating: 5/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. yay, great to hear that you enjoyed and the flashbacks were well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I don't even need to sample. I'm headed to buy this one :) Awesome review, Heather! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete