Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: Soul Crossed by Lisa Gail Green

Summary:

One Demon. One Angel. One Soul.

Josh lived a reckless, selfish life, so upon his death, escaping the eternal torments of Hell by assuming the role of a powerful, soul-corrupting demon is an easy choice. His first soul assignment doesn’t seem too hard: the mortal Camden is already obsessed with weapons, pain, and torture. If only Josh wasn’t distracted by Cam's beautiful friend, Grace.

Grace never expected to die violently at age sixteen, but now she’s an Angel, responsible for saving a soul. She can already see past Camden’s earthly flaws, so the job should be be easy. If only that handsome, playboy Josh would stop getting in the way.

It’s forbidden for an Angel to be with a Demon, so if Josh and Grace stop resisting each other, the results would be disastrous.

And only one can claim Cam’s soul.

Publication Date: February 25, 2015


I love demon/angel stories, so I was very excited to get started on Soul Crossed. Overall, I liked the premise, but just felt like much of the story would appeal to a much younger audience.

I think my issue was I felt underwhelmed by Josh and Grace. For a demon, Josh didn’t seem very badass. And for an angel, Grace was pretty whiney. The dynamic between the two was fun, but I wished for a slower build before their feelings became so intense.

The story took a little time to come together because of random time jumps during the first half of the book. The pacing in the second half of the book was much better. I wasn’t a huge fan of the romance, but the paranormal aspect was much more interesting.

The ending was solid and I may end up picking up the sequel once it comes out. However, I do think the book will appeal the most to younger teen paranormal readers.

Rating: 3/5 Stars

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of the novel for review!

2 comments:

  1. Aw sorry the characters weren't superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cover, but the insta-love would probably throw me for a loop, too :) Great review. Thanks for sharing, Heather! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete