Friday, July 20, 2012

Feature & Follow-July 20, 2012

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Gain more followers and find incredibly awesome blogs. If you do follow me, just leave me a comment so that I can make sure I follow back =) New followers are invited to enter my contest here for an Amazon gift card and two free ebooks. Check out the question of the week too below.

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: Christmas in July! Someone gives you a gift card for two books (whatever that costs). What two books will you buy?

I have a lot of books on my Wishlist so this is a tough one. Right now I would have to say Rapture by Lauren Kate and The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I've previously read the rest of the Fallen series so I'm interested to see how it all ended despite hearing mixed reviews about the last book. I just finished a novella by Kelley Armstrong, the first time I read anything from the author. I really liked it so I'm anxious to check out her YA series.

    23 comments:

    1. OOoh I looooove Kelley Armstrong!! Her books are awesome! If you ever get the chance you should check out her Women of the Otherworld series! The final book, Thirteen, is coming out tomorrow!

      Here's my Friday Hops

      Have a GREAT weekend!

      Old Follower :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. I want to read Rapture as well!

      Happy Friday and New Follower!
      My FF
      Ashley

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh, yes, Rapture! I loved Fallen and I'm just about to start reading Torment.

      Here are my picks.

      Happy Friday!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hi! Followed you back! Thanks for following me!
      I need to finish the Fallen series, too. And, I need to read The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I absolutely love the the Darkest Powers series! I reviewed all of them!

      I'm a new follower via GFC, and thank you for following me!

      -dee
      wellpinaroseonyournose.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love the Darkest Powers series! I really want to re-read them soon. Also The Summoning makes you want the next book immediately. New follower!

      http://readerwithvoice.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-1.html

      Carson @ Reader with Voice

      ReplyDelete
    7. The Summoning sounds good, but they both do. I haven't read Fallen yet...another one on my long list of books to get to!

      -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
      My FF

      ReplyDelete
    8. I've heard really good things about both of those books - though I haven't read either myself! Thanks for stopping by my blog - now following you right back!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I've read Fallen and Torment but not yet Passion! I need to get reading it soon! Great picks! :D

      New GFC and Linky follower!

      http://onceuponabook-rachel.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/feature-and-follow-5-im-being-featured.html

      ReplyDelete
    10. I've never gotten into the Fallen series, but I've always wanted to read a Kelley Armstrong book. Maybe I'll start with The Summoning too. Thanks for visiting and I'm a new GFC follower.

      Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I love your choices! I haven't read Rapture yet but The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong is great! I'm a big fan of Kelley's books :D I'm now following you via GFC :D

      http://theyabookworm.blogspot.ca/

      ReplyDelete
    12. I loved Rapture, though I felt it was bittersweet. Of course, The Fallen Series is one of my all time favorite series, so I knew I would love the last book, regardless.

      Thanks for following me! I returned the favor!

      Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead

      ~Kristin

      ReplyDelete
    13. Hi Heather. I love your picks! The Summoning is absolutely ah-maz-ing. I think it's the only series I've read more than 3 times. (x
      I'm an old follower ~
      Here is my FF if you wanna see : http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-2.html#comment-form

      ReplyDelete
    14. thanks for stopping by my blog. those are both great choices and i hope you love them just like i did!
      candi
      new follower

      ReplyDelete
    15. Kelley Armstrong has promise as a writer. Great picks!

      New follower via GFC.

      Ensconced in YA
      http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    16. Great choices!

      I'm a new follower.

      Ashley
      Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    17. Hopping through. new follower! I'd love to read one of Kelley Armstrong's books. I keep meaning to.
      My Hop

      ReplyDelete
    18. Thanks for the follow, and am following you back. I love Kelly Armstrong - great plots, strong characters and TONS of action.
      Gwynneth

      ReplyDelete
    19. Great choices of books. Both ones I want to read.

      ReplyDelete
    20. I didn't care for Lauren Kate's first book so I didn't go any farther in the series. The Summoning is awesome though, that whole series is! Armstrong writes some pretty great stuff, if you haven't read Bitten yet you should check it out too!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

      ReplyDelete
    21. As someone who just finished reading Rapture last night/early this morning, I have to say, it's a wonderful ending, if a bit sad, but overall, happy :) And The Summoning and her YA series are are awesome :) I'm going to be reading The Calling soon, and it looks fantastic :) Hope you get copies of these soon and are able to read them, because they are the best! New follower :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      ReplyDelete