Monday, July 2, 2012

Top Ten Books For People Who Like Meg Cabot

For today's Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday topic, you are asked what top books would you recommend for someone who is a fan of a particular author. I was going to choose Stephenie Meyer, but felt like that would be someone a lot of authors choose. Plus, I think Meg Cabot ventures into a lot of different genres, many of which I am a fan of.


The A-List by Zoey Dean-This young adult series centers around a group of privileged students living in LA. The Airhead series by Meg, also provides a glimpse into how the rich and famous live.

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich-If you like the Heather Wells series by Cabot, than you're likely to get a kick out of the Stephanie Plum series as well. Both books feature their own quirky cast of characters and the book mysteries are humorous and full of fun.

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella-This book always reminds me of the Queen of Babble series. The main characters both have a tendency towards over-sharing which leads to plenty awkward and hysterical situations.

I Do But I Don't by Cara Lockwood-If you like the book Every Boy's Got One, you'll enjoy this story. Like Cabot's novel, protagonist finds love while trying to salvage a disastrous wedding.


Forget About It by Caprice Crane-Crane's writing style reminds me of Cabot. This cute story is about a girl who pretends to have amnesia to get out of her sucky life and start over.

Gossip Girl by Cecily Von Ziegesar-This series isn't afraid to be silly and I enjoy that about Meg's books as well. Sometimes you just need to turn your brain off and just go with the storyline.

Frenemies by Megan Crane-I love Meg Cabot's books because they always feel like fun and breezy reads. Megan Crane's books are also like that for me. This one is about a girl whose good friend starts dating her boyfriend.

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen-Like Cabot, Dessen has a wonderful knack for telling coming of age stories.

The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith-If you like Meg's Insatiable series, then check out this series, even if you're a fan of the TV show. The books are completely different, but still absolutely wonderful.

Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty-Another amazing young adult author. I think fans of The Princess Diaries would enjoy the hysterically funny Jessica Darling series.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy Meg Cabot sometimes, and Sloppy Firsts was awesome too; so I'll have a look at these books for sure. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone seems to love Meg Cabo and I seriously need to read something written by her..just because I want to say: I read a Meg Cabot book and I just adored it. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Meg Cabot! Also I agree Sophie Kinsella's books are great read alikes and Can You Keep a Secret is one of my favorites; it is a lot like the Queen of Babble books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I do love Meg Cabot; Princess Diaries novels are still one of my favorite series. :)

    ReplyDelete