Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Book Blog Hops-October 12, 2012

Happy Friday all! Have an awesome weekend!

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness...

 

I actually just read a novel called The Gathering Darkness by Lisa Collicutt. There's some really freaky parts where the main characters spontaneously starts bleeding. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard with the flesh eating zombies would be another good one.

 

Book Blogger Hop

What to Do:
1. Post on your blog answering this question:
With Autumn upon us and Halloween drawing near, what books remind you of fall? What ones do you enjoy reading that are about autumn?
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list below (enter your Blog Name, Genre you review, and direct link to your post answering this week’s question; failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list, spending quality time getting to know the people you are visiting. Don’t just visit the post with the question, but click around and read some of the blogger’s other content, too! This Hop isn’t about the number of people you can visit, but the quality of each visit. Readers – find a new blog to read by clicking through the links in the list!

Blogger Question:
With Autumn upon us and Halloween drawing near, what books remind you of fall? What ones do you enjoy reading that are about autumn?

Scary books for sure! Stephen King novels always freak me out and remind me of this time of year. Vampire themed books are another favorite for me to read and sometimes I'll re-read Bram Stoker's Dracula.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, autumn is perfect for scary books! Who doesn't love scary reads this time a year! ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zombies are always scary! Haven't heard of the first pick though. Sounds intriguing!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't choose books for seasons, but I did for this post.

    Stop by if you like for my post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-1012-1018_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning The Gathering Darkness =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping along and saw that The Gathering Darkness was on your list - it's on mine too!

    Susie
    http://susreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-autumnal-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! I'm reading The Gathering Darkness right now. Great choice! Old follower =).
    _______________
    Reeka @BoundbyWords
    Visit my FF here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm assuming the spontaneous bleeding wasn't like nosebleeds or anything, LOL! New follower via GFC!

    Cia
    www.ciasstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just checked out Something Strange and Deadly from the library this week. I should read that soon.

    Here's my Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Choice!!!! :)

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of either of these but I am sure they would make for great movies! ^.^ New follower (Frodosco - GFC). Here is my FF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to challenge myself with Dracula, though I plan on it someday. It seems as if it would be incredibly dry...is it?

    ReplyDelete