Friday, June 29, 2012

Review-Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer Armentrout



Goodreads Summary:

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

Publication Date: November 29, 2011

I have a complex relationship with science fiction themed novels. Whenever I hear aliens I either think of cheesy Star Trek episodes with ray guns and bad special effects or the hilarity of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. After I read The Host and absolutely LOVED it, I decided to give more sci-fi novels a chance. Someone recommended Across the Universe which I thought was okay, but I wasn't blown away. I was BLOWN away by Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout. I loved it so much that I'm seriously contemplating starting a Daemon Black fan club (if there isn't already one lol).

What I Liked: Daemon, duh! Seriously though, Armentrout created the perfect male hero (anti-hero?) with Daemon. He's arrogant, gorgeous and also happens to be an alien. I usually don't like jerky guys in books, but his guard is up with good reason. I loved his protectiveness about his sister (and later Katy) and this definitely helps endear him to readers. Plus, the chemistry between him and Katy was amazing!

Katy was a great protagonist for the story. She's tough and doesn't put up with his crap just because he is good-looking and has "issues" (I'm looking at you Anastasia Steele).

The plot was exciting and the pacing excellent. The Arum was a good choice as villains and the ending was the perfect set-up for the next book. The Kindle version I purchased also included bonus chapters from Daemon's POV which was also very enjoyable.

What I Didn't Like: That the book ended =)

Rating: Five out of five stars

3 comments:

  1. Having read this I believed it was rather informative.

    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this informative article together.
    I once again find myself spending a lot of time both reading and leaving comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it! ageless male tv commercial
    - ageless male class action suit - ageless male

    Visit my weblog :: xserve.mmcsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this moment just do it obtain the alternatives around either all these rolex replica look at companies. Certainly, you're excited with what the simple truth is. Getting a pay for final decision will likely not might seem tricky in the least. When you are believing – The perfect a person's Rolex look at to order? The key reason why invest in a rolex replica uk look at? In that case there are actually more than enough explanations so you might get a person and also either all these breitling replica sale companies. Creations, primarily hublot replica uk wristwatches will be traditionally by way of the sexes for some a long time. Deluxe different watches for instance cheap breitling replica will be the best creations out of powerful watchmakers out of Malta plus Switzerland. Nonetheless you might think any time there are actually alternative companies with replica wathces uk wristwatches in that case the key reason why invest in a Panerai look at?

    ReplyDelete