Saturday, June 23, 2012

Casting Couch for First Visions: Second Sight Book One

Can't believe it, but we're almost through the 28-Day Blog Challenge for Authors! Today is Day 23 and the question is:

If a Hollywood agent were to come knocking on your door with an offer to turn your book into a movie and told you that you could call all the shots, who would you have direct and star in it?

I LOVE these kinds of questions because of my extreme love of pop culture. Here's my thoughts on the casting for First Visions:





Jared Corbett-A gorgeous detective with dark hair and gray eyes. He's tall with a phenomenal body and a casual fashion sense. He can be tough when his job calls for it, but also has a very sensitive and kind side. I had to narrow it down, but my casting choices would be between Henry Cavill, Jake Gyllenhaal or Ian Somerhalder. I think the three actors fit the physical description, but Henry and Jake would probably be able to play Jared's personality the best.





Kate Edwards-Light brown hair and hazel eyes with an average height and build. She's an unwilling psychic with a snarky sense of humor. I tried to think of actresses that would do well with Kate's sense of humor and also had similar physical attributes. My picks were Leighton Meester, Ellen Page and Anna Kendrick.


Julie-Kate's best friend who is described as a gorgeous brunette. Seems shallow at first, but has a big heart. For Julie, my casting selections would be Nina Dobrev or Vanessa Hudgens.



Gage-Julie's boyfriend is tall and stocky with an obnoxious personality to boot. I kind of picture Kellan Lutz in the role of Gage whenever I write the character.

Cori Preston-A sweet eight year old girl with blond hair and blue eyes. I can't think of any current child actresses, but I think Dakota Fanning's character in War of the Worlds would work for Cori.



Nikki Preston-Jared's not so nice girlfriend is a petite blond with blue eyes. Diane Kruger always comes to mind when I think about how I picture Nikki.


I'm not sure about director since most directors I like work on superhero movies. Can't wait to see what actors and actresses other writers picture for their characters.

3 comments:

  1. Mine are mostly unknowns lol!! Dakota is a bit old now for that role but her little sister would probably fit :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] HEATHER TOPHAM WOOD. Jared Corbett-A gorgeous detective with dark hair and gray eyes. He’s tall with a phenomenal body and a casual fashion sense. He can be tough when his job calls for it, but also has a very sensitive and kind side. I had to narrow it down, but my casting choices would be between Henry Cavill, Jake Gyllenhaal or Ian Somerhalder. I think the three actors fit the physical description, but Henry and Jake would probably be able to play Jared’s personality the best. [...]

    ReplyDelete