Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Exclusive Interview with Psychic Kate Edwards from First Visions:Second Sight Book One

Kate Edwards from First Visions was kind enough to let me interview her for today's post. First Visions will be going on sale for just $1.99 starting tomorrow through Sunday June 24 on Amazon.com.





When did you first realize you’re psychic?

Jeez lady, don’t you have to do a little research before you go and interview someone? I lived in a skeezy college dorm when I was 19 and caught meningitis. One near death experience later, I woke up with the ability to slip into other people’s memories.



Why did you keep being psychic hidden for so long?

When you’re psychic, it not only makes you uncomfortable, but the people around you. Everyone has dirty little secrets they don’t want you to find out. Since I don’t have much control over my visions, I often find out things about people I rather not know. It was just easier to say that the vision that led me to Matt Spencer two years ago was a one-time occurrence.



What changed for you?

I know I have my hang-ups. I’m immature and tend to have my guard up at all times. I think part of it comes from feeling like a freak of nature when I woke up from the coma with a second sight. But I’m not a horrible person. I want to help people and if my visions give me the chance to locate the missing, that’s what I need to do.



I’ve heard rumors you’re personally involved with a detective on the Cori Preston case, is this true?

Personally involved, that’s such a strange term, don’t you think? I mean my gynecologist gets an eyeful once a year, but you wouldn’t say I was personally involved with him, would you?



It seems like you’re dodging the question? 

Jared Corbett is a great guy and a very dedicated detective. And he just so happens to be genetically blessed. I mean everyone has a crush on him, it would be impossible not to.



If you were a color, what color would it be?

What kind of Psych 101 B.S, is that? What if I say red, does it mean I’m deep down an axe murderer or something? Anyway, I guess I would pick gray. I can have a bit of a stormy personality at times. Plus, this hot guy I know has gray eyes.



Favorite TV show?

The Maury Show. I know I’m psychic, but I can usually guess who is the baby’s daddy way before the paternity test results are revealed.

4 comments:

  1. I love how you approached this. I like seeing into the mind of your character. Excellent! WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that! It took me a minute and a re-read to realise she is one of your characters. I love her hostility and the paradox of her openness and guardedness all at once. Very clever you!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Figured it would be good writing practice too as I prepare to work more on the sequel.

    ReplyDelete