Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Book Blog Hops-September 14, 2012

Happy Friday all! Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend=)

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?

I had heard a ton of hype surrounding the Premonition series by Amy Bartol, but I just wasn’t a huge fan. I found the accents and slang overdone and distracting and I hated the male lead. Fifty Shades of Grey was another novel that I thought I would love, but I just couldn’t get into the series at all.

Book Blogger Hop

What to Do:
1. Post on your blog answering this question:
Highlight one of your favorite reviews from the past month!
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list below (enter your Blog Name, Genre you review, and direct link to your post answering this week’s question; failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list, spending quality time getting to know the people you are visiting. Don’t just visit the post with the question, but click around and read some of the blogger’s other content, too! This Hop isn’t about the number of people you can visit, but the quality of each visit. Readers – find a new blog to read by clicking through the links in the list!
 
Blogger Question:

Highlight one of your favorite reviews from the past month!

One of my favorite reviews was Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett. What stood out to me about this novel was that I felt the author portrayed teens realistically and I really enjoyed the protagonist of Rose.

 

11 comments:

  1. I really haven't heard about the series... It's the first time I got to know about it! Dunno if I'll read it though...

    Here's my F&FF post.

    New follower here!

    -Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not heard of the Premonition series, but even though Fifty Shades has been recommended to me several times I can't bring myself to pick the first book up. I have to blame the Goodreads quotes which cracked me up.
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that series. But I stayed away from Fifty Shades, I don't care for erotica. Oh well.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing 50 shades around a lot today. Have a great Friday!

    New Linky follower (The Muggle)
    New email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of the Premonition series! Sorry to hear it wasn't fun! :( I hate it when books let me down. ;)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really did not like 50 Shades.
    My post - FF #1
    New follower via GFC, follow me back? :)
    Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  7. The writting is not really good

    new follwer http://chroniclesofabookaddict.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so interesting that the description doesn't really fit the book. I find that happens now and then. This was a great review..

    Here's my BBH post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-favorite-review-91412.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'll be skipping 50 Shades!!

    New follower via GFC (but already following on RSS)
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    This is my second Feature and Follow :-)

    I'm following you now. Here is my post
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    Happy blogging!

    Lectus

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! I'm with your other commenter, I'm not a fan of erotica. I admit that I did try to read 50 shades. Just wasn't my cup of coffee. READ ON!

    ReplyDelete