Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Top Ten Book on My Fall TBR List

Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic from the Broke and the Bookish is the top books on your autumn TBR lists. I honestly feel a little sad when I look at my upcoming titles. There are so many new releases I'm excited about and I don't know how I'm going to have time to get to them all. Between writing, editing and marketing, I think I"ll have to pull some all-nighters to read many of these on my list.

Promised by Caragh O'Brien- The conclusion to the Birthmarked trilogy. WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Will Gaia and Leon live happily ever after? Will she take down the Enclave? Will she find a plastic surgeon to get rid of that pesky scar? Can't wait to find out =)

The Crown of Ember and Thorns by Rae Carson-Girl of Fire and Thorns was so good that I hope the sequel is just as great. Elisa was a fabulous protagonist and I can't wait to read more about her journey.

Eve by Anna Carey-I feel so lame for not getting to this series earlier.

Ceaseless by Abbi Glines-Another final book in a trilogy I've been reading. Will Dank and Pagan (great story but I hate the names) have their happy ending?

Wasteland by Lynn Rush-Very cool author who writes books in the new adult genre. I can't wait!

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa-Just finished the first novel in the Iron Fey series and now I'm officially obsessed.

What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang-I have an ARC of this one and the description reminds me of The Host, one of my all-time favorite books.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare-I liked the first book in the Mortal Instruments series, but to be honest the end threw me off. However, the word on the street is this series only gets better and better.

Breathe by Sarah Crossan-This new dystopian release sounds like an interesting entry into the somewhat crowded  genre. The world is dead and survivors must rely on a corporation that manufactures oxygen.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn-I have to see what all the buzz is about.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic list! Promised is a good one- I need to catch up on that series. And yay for The Crown of Embers and What's Left of Me. Gone Girl is something else. I couldn't put it down! Hope all your fall reads are winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Cassandre Clare is on my TBR list as well! :D
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end threw me a bit too at the end of City of Bones. I actually had to look online for spoilers to make sure I wanted to read the rest of the series (it was a trilogy at the time). But it was so worth it. I think City of Ashes has the prettiest cover too. I love Clary's hair and the blue background. So pretty.

    And double yay for Onyx. It is definitely a bit darker than Obsidian, but still so good. I can't wait for Opal in December.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete