Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished


The topic for this Top Ten Tuesday from the Broke and the Bookish is the list of series I have not gotten around to finishing. For the most part, I haven’t read the subsequent books because of time constraints. In very few cases, I just couldn’t get into the series at all and only read the first novel.

Heather Wells by Meg Cabot-I was sent the latest for review without having read the first three. It was such a cute story! I want to get to the others eventually.

Women of the Otherwold by Kelley Armstrong-I only read a collection of stories from this series. It was really good! I think the main reason I’ve procrastinated is because there are thirteen novels altogether.

Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole-This is another example of me procrastinating on the series because of the number of books. I read Lothaire, which was number 12, and would love to go back and read the preceding novels.

Fifty Shades by EL James-When everyone and their mother are talking about something, I have to see what all the hoopla is about. After the first novel, I just couldn’t go any further. I heard some readers say the series improves, so who knows? Maybe one day.

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare-The reason I haven’t read past book one is because I’m afraid I’ll get sucked in and have to read the others back to back.

The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine-These books are amazing, but I have a couple to still catch up on.

Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich-I’ve read as far as seven and hope to eventually finish the rest.

Providence by Jamie McGuire-I didn’t love Beautiful Disaster, but got sucked into this paranormal story about angels and demons.

Pulse by Kailin Gow-The first book in this series didn’t flow well and the plot was too reminiscent of several YA vampire novels.

Fall of Angels by Keary Taylor-The premise was good, but the plot and dialogue became too cheesy for me to continue.

6 comments:

  1. I've never read Stephanie Plum although I've heard many good things but the series is huge. I think there are just too many books. My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. City of Bones was a birthday present, but when I took a look at the book closely, I decided it wasn't for me.

    Loved Insurgent. Here Divergent sits.

    Here's my Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one of of Cabot's books, I think it was size 14... and I did like it a lot. I didn't continue reading the series because... well, I don't know. I just stopped :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mortal Instruments series IS addicting! and the Providence series was pretty good. (:

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first three Mortal Instruments books are like their own trilogy within the series, so I've taken a break between book three and four. They were really great addictive books. I have too many unfinished series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just won a copy of Beautiful Disaster. Is it a series? I can't wait to start it, I've heard good things :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete