Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Jo Michaels tagged me to participate in this super fun blog hop. The gist of the hop is you'll be able to hop through to other blogs and find out what other authors are working on.

Stop by the blogs at the end to pop in on some other awesome writers I follow and admire.

My Questions and Answers:

What is the working title of your book?
New Revelations: Second Sight Book Two

Where did the idea come from for the book?
From Book One of course, duh! Just kidding, I actually had psychic Kate's story in my head since I wrote the first book.

What genre does your book fall under?
New Adult (Upper YA) Paranormal Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Jake Gyllenhaal or Henry Cavill for Jared, Leighton Meester or Anna Kendrick for Kate and Tom Hardy or Adam Levine for Declan.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Kate Edwards attempts to have a normal relationship with new boyfriend Jared Corbett while dealing with visions of a missing fitness instructor and meeting a cocky psychic named Declan.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Three Months

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My grandma =) She had saved all of my old stories at her house and after she passed I was able to revisit them and feel inspired to write creatively again. I miss her every day and I'm dedicating this novel to her.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Kate will continue to grow in the sequel, but her trademark snark will still be present and accounted for. She butts heads with Declan often and I found the scenes of them together were particularly enjoyable to write.

Five Authors to Check Out:
Be Not Afeard
J.J. Bonds, YA Author
Jennifer Comeaux
Carrie Butler 
Magic in the Backyard 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the next book, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds neat! Best of luck! And your answer to the question about inspiration is really neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read book two!! Book one was so full of teen spunk! Get your booty busy! :) WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete