Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Book Blog Hops-September 21, 2012

Happy Friday all! Have an awesome weekend!

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What hyped up book was worth all of the fuss?

Jeez, I can't wait to read the responses to this question! Jennifer Armentrout's Obsidian is the first book I thought of when I read the question. The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong and Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas are other buzzy books that were truly amazing.

Book Blogger Hop

What to Do:
1. Post on your blog answering this question:
Blogging Question: What is one thing that your blog readers probably do not know about you?
2. Enter the link to your post in the linky list below (enter your Blog Name, Genre you review, and direct link to your post answering this week’s question; failure to do so will result in removal of your link).
3. Visit other blogs in the list, spending quality time getting to know the people you are visiting. Don’t just visit the post with the question, but click around and read some of the blogger’s other content, too! This Hop isn’t about the number of people you can visit, but the quality of each visit. Readers – find a new blog to read by clicking through the links in the list!

Blogger Question:

Blogging Question: What is one thing that your blog readers probably do not know about you?

Hmm...I don't think I ever shared how my husband is the motorcycle cop for our town. We've been married for eight years! (so crazy how quick it went, we just celebrated our anniversary on September 17)

  

16 comments:

  1. I know there's a hidden dystopian reader in me but I just haven't let it out yet. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your eight years together and your motorcycle cop husband. :)

    Stop by to find out my secrets and for a giveaway of five e-books if you like. It is right below the Book Blogger Post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-921-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned - yet, but hopefully I'll get to Throne of Glass soon. And what an interesting profession your husband has - I bet he has some stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll really enjoy Throne of Glass. He definitely has some crazy stories-makes me think sometimes that most of the world is nuts lol.

      Delete
  4. Pretty cool that your father was one of 8 and four boys and four girls. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving that info.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blog hopping! Loved the answers to both.
    Thanks for sharing!New Follower!
    My Friday Book Blog Hops
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED THRONE OF GLASS!!

    New Follower. :)

    Click HERE for my FF.

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Eek - you picked all books that I haven't read yet. I really need to.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love Obsidian! And, actually, the more time that goes since I've read Obsidian, the more I love it. I don't know why. I can't wait for Opal!!!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to read Kelley Armstrong, I hope to soon.

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! Ours is in October - 28 years! My husband doesn't ride a motorcycle though - just a computer. Anyway, isn't it fun hearing about different books - I haven't read any of the ones you mention, but I'm adding them to my TBR list tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your anniversary! What a huge milestone. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thx 4 sharing! I loved the Darkest Powers trilogy :D

    Here's my Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our anniversary is Sept 17th too!! We've been married 12 years now. It has flown by.

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-something-new-92112.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read this one! I'll have to check it out. :)

    My FF @ Pink Fluffy Hearts

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know, I've never read a full series by Kelley Armstrong. I've met her in person, she's hilarious, and I've read quite a few short stories by her, and they're awesome... but never a full series. I should check this one out.

    Old follower
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow_21.html

    ReplyDelete