Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Guest Review: Untraceable by S.R. Johannes

Thanks to my guest reviewer Erin for stopping by again to share her thoughts on Untraceable!

Goodreads Summary:


16-year-old Grace has lived in the Smokies all her life, patrolling with her forest ranger father who taught her about wildlife, tracking, and wilderness survival.

When her dad goes missing on a routine patrol, Grace refuses to believe he’s dead and fights the town authorities, tribal officials, and nature to find him.

One day, while out tracking clues, Grace is rescued from danger by Mo, a hot guy with an intoxicating accent and a secret. As her feelings between him and her ex-boyfriend get muddled, Grace travels deep into the wilderness to escape and find her father.

Along the way, Grace learns terrible secrets that sever relationships and lives. Soon she’s enmeshed in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. And it’s going to take a lot more than a compass and a motorcycle (named Lucifer) for this kick-butting heroine to save everything she loves.

Publication Date: November 29, 2011

Erin's Review:
When Grace’s father goes missing and it presumed dead, Grace is the only one who never gives up hope.  As she looks for clues of her father’s life, Grace stumbles on something huge…and dangerous.  

At 16, Grace certainly learns about love and loss. Her age shows in her inability to make choice that will keep her safe.  Along the way she finds love in the most unlikely way. But, in true suspense, nothing is as it seems.

It took me awhile to get into the story. I really liked Grace, but a few of the other characters missed that charisma. I love feeling connected to the characters, but I was missing that with this book.  But, I was still unable to give up on Grace and her story. The ending definitely made me glad that I continued to read; however, even though this story continues in a few other books, I am unsure if I will continue to read them. I just don’t feel the connection to Grace like I had wanted.  I felt like it took about half of the book just to get interested in what was happening.  I would rate this book 3 out of 5 stars!

Thanks to the publisher for a copy of this book for review!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I have heard of this book but I still am not sure I should read it. I don't really like when a story doesn't get interesting quickly, but I might try it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice review. Thanks for sharing your opinions, Erin. Doesn't sound like my kind of read; but, you never know. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete