Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and highlights an upcoming release we're eagerly awaiting.

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly #2) by Susan Dennard

Publication Date: July 23, 2013

Goodreads Summary:


Following an all-out battle with the walking Dead, the Spirit Hunters have fled Philadelphia, leaving Eleanor alone to cope with the devastating aftermath. But there’s more trouble ahead—the evil necromancer Marcus has returned, and his diabolical advances have Eleanor escaping to Paris to seek the help of Joseph, Jie, and the infuriatingly handsome Daniel once again. When she arrives, however, she finds a whole new darkness lurking in this City of Light. As harrowing events unfold, Eleanor is forced to make a deadly decision that will mean life or death for everyone.


I didn't expect to love the first book as much as I did. And that ending made me eager to read more What books are you waiting on?

9 comments:

  1. Been seeing this a lot! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read the first one! Great pick, thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeep! I LOVE the cover for this book. I haven't read Something Strange and Deadly yet but I do have a copy and I have to read it soon! Everyone seems to love it. :) Great choice.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the first book in the series. I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The next one in the Kane Chronicles series by Rick Riordan. Should be out in March/April of next year. :) Looks like a good book there. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my to-read list and I would love to give it a try when it comes out but I'll have to read book one first. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read the first book!! This cover is so gorgeous :D

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete