Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Blog Hop #18


RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Q: What book do you think everyone should read? If you could gift the entire population with one book?

I think everybody should read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen at least once. I not only love the romance in the book, but also the exploration of social themes. As far as children's books, I would probably pick The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. The story of Narnia really helped me develop a love of reading.
Book Blogger Hop

From the Crazy for Books blog:

"The Book Blogger Hop is much more than just a “follow for a follow”. It’s about making friends. There are literally thousands of book bloggers around the world. It can seem like we are blogging in a bubble, constantly checking the same blogs over and over again. The Hop is about taking the time to make a quality visit to another blog, getting to know the person who is writing that blog, and seeing if you really *want* to follow that person!"

Every week is a chance to visit a new blog or more, find connections, and learn about new books to read! The Friday Book Blogger hop was gone for a while, but it's back and better than ever. I missed it and I'm happy to participate as we rotate hosts! I'll be hosting this week and next!

What is your chosen book to start the new year with?

I would love to get started on Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer Armentrout (I need my Daemon fix!). I'm also hoping to read Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter in the foreseeable future.

18 comments:

  1. I like both books. You can never go wrong with Pride and Prejudice and CS Lewis.

    Old GFC Follower

    http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own Pride & Prejudice but still have to read it; I know it's bad, but I will read it someday :)
    I love the film adaptation with Colin Firth though.

    Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, P&P should be read at least once (though I didn't love the book as much as the majority do, but I did enjoyed it).

    Alice in Zombieland is on my list. I hope I can get to it soon.

    My Friday Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Narnia! ♥

    New follower!

    Here's my FF :)) am a new follower!

    Kate @ Confessions of a Bookaholic :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the Narnia books ans my boys are just getting into them now which is great! . . Although I am sorry I didn't enjoy Pride and Prejudice when I read it the first time (years ago) but I am going to try again soon!!
    New follower . . my link is http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! Never did read Narnia. Although I am seeing lots of classic picks today!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Story of Narnia sounds delightful, will check that out. Thanks for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read Pride & Prejudice or Narnia, but have heard so many great things about those books. Enjoy your first book of the new year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Pride & Prejudice yet!!! But Narnia is a GREAT choice :)

    New Follower!

    Here's my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you can meet your first book of the new year goal. I haven't read Pride & Prejudice for a LONG time. :)

    Happy New Year....Happy Reading....Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book of all time! I didn't choose it, though, because for some reason, some people don't like it. Actually, I don't think there is a book out there that everyone will love.

    I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I know lots of people love it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree! I love both Pride and Prejudice and the world of Narnia :D

    I'm a new Linky follower, you can find my FF post here.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any classics. I should really get started on them, because they're called classics for a reason. Great pick!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to read Pride and Prejudice, to be honest. It's one of the many classics on my TBR list!

    Check out my FF and my New Year, New Books! giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi ..
    Just stopping by for the feature and follow friday hop..

    Following you, feel free to follow me as well at the link below. :-)

    BookShelves Of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree about P&P. I read it often but not when I'm getting ready to write for a spell. I find myself picking up Jane's style for a few pages and it throws me off :) hehe WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete