Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Looking Back at NaNoWriMo

Yay! I won! My first NaNoWriMo was a complete success and I'm happy to report that my first novel in a new series is now undergoing edits. The book is called The Memory Witch and here's the synopsis:

Ten years ago, Quinn Jacobs’ mother made a bargain with a local witch—steal away Quinn’s memories from the first eight years of her life and in return, Quinn would spend a year in servitude to the witch.

On Quinn’s eighteenth birthday, she’s forced to leave her home and friends behind. For the next year, she’ll live at the Chadwick House, learning everything she needs to know about being a spellcaster. As her powers emerge, Quinn begins to unravel the secrets of the past and the reason her mother was so desperate to conceal the horrifying truth. 

That's the rough draft of my synopsis. I'll be editing the book now while also working continuously on the third book in the Second Sight series. It's been interesting to write the books simultaneously for several reasons. For one, The Memory Witch is the first novel I've written in first person. Also, Quinn's voice is very different than Kate Edwards.

Thanks to everyone for their support during the NaNoWriMo craziness.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one; looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!! Now I'm super duper interested!! :) WRITE, HEATHER, WRITE! :) I can't wait to see the cover. You have SO many options there. WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete