Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #7


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine and highlights an upcoming release we're eagerly awaiting.

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson
Publication Date: January 8, 2013


Goodreads Summary:

A daring rescue. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom---but can she trust another person to keep her safe? Gabe defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the girl's inner and outer beauty has enchanted him. Though romance is impossible---she is his brother's future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else---he promises himself he will see the mission through, no matter what. When the pair flee to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help---but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Now both must not only protect each other from the dangers around them---they must also protect their hearts.

I've been really into fairy tale re-imaginings lately and this book sounds like it could be a good one! What books are you waiting for?

14 comments:

  1. OOh yes! This one does look good!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon, sounds like a great fairy tale retelling to me!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a lot of tr-tellings lately. I have enjoyed them too. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover reminds me of GRAVE MERCY, but the synopsis sounds much much different. I am really excited for it! Great pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't heard of this before, but it sounds good!

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW and following! I followed back :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following Back.
    Ooh this sounds really good, I must add it to my ever expanding wishlist.
    Great Pick.
    Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. I've seen this around. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have also been waiting on this one. It looks incredible! Please check out my WoW!

    We're also doing a giveaway that ends today, see if you want a copy of Delusion.

    Thanks,
    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE fairytale retellings. This one looks amazing. I've only read one snow white retellings - Fairest by Gail Carson Levine. I really liked it.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you on fairy tale retellings! Love them all to death!

    Thanks for this one, haven't heard of it yet!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this book!!! I've also been really excited about fairy tale retellings lately. Great choice! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY cool looking book! I love fairy tales :) I may pick that one up... WRITE ON!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the cover and it sounds like a very interesting fairy tail retelling! Thanks for sharing! And, sorry for the long response, but exams were a killer!

    ReplyDelete